kansai airport
Dude
2009-01-22 18:54:45 UTC
I'm watching a cool documentary about Kansai airport on Mega
Structures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansai_International_Airport

Pretty cool. It's a man made island / International Airport.
During construction the airport sank 20+ feet but they have overcame
that issue using jacks and plates that they add under the footings of
the building to raise it as it sinks. Recently the sinking has slowed
to only a couple inches a year now.

Cheers,
Chris
Tom Garrett
2009-01-22 23:16:01 UTC
Post by Dude
I'm watching a cool documentary about Kansai airport on Mega
Structures
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansai_International_Airport
Pretty cool. It's a man made island / International Airport.
During construction the airport sank 20+ feet but they have overcame
that issue using jacks and plates that they add under the footings of
the building to raise it as it sinks. Recently the sinking has slowed
to only a couple inches a year now.
Cheers,
Chris
HI Chris
Yeah, I watched it too. Quite an amazing feat of engineering. Obviously, as
soon as the show was over I had to fire up FSX and fly my Cessna 150 around
the manmade island.
Tom in Tucson
Martin S.
2009-01-23 22:10:03 UTC
I have a good FS9 scenery of it, but it seems to have been withdrawn.

There's a useful page of all Japanese airports available for FS9
(don't think they include FSX):

http://www.musashi-do.net/airportlist.html

The RJBB link is defunct unfortunately. The AFCAD for it is on AVSIM,
but not the airport. I'd offer to email it to anyone really
interested, but the zip file's a big too large to be practical to send
that way ..

Martin S.
(Hampshire, U.K.)
Martin S.
(Hampshire, U.K.)
John Ward
2009-01-23 22:17:29 UTC
Hi Martin S,

Is it listed here, mate?:

http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php

Regards,
John Ward
(Hampshire, U.K.)
Martin S.
2009-01-24 12:16:57 UTC
I think it used to be, but it certainly isn'y any longer. This post
reminded me of the airport and I just this minute finished a flight
there from Tokyo - very nice it was too. Kansai airport is a nice
scenery, with Photoreal textures included - no idea why it's gone -
maybe they just didn't keep up the payments for their website..

Martin S.
(Hampshire, U.K.)
Martin S.
2009-01-24 12:25:14 UTC
OK, found it! RJBB downloadis now here:

http://www.flightinfo.jp/sfs/

Click 'scenery' at the top, then choose the Osaka location from the
map that appears. Some other nice Japan airports sceneries there too..

Martin S.
(Hampshire, U.K.)